Supporting our heroes who supported us.
When there is a gap, we step in to make sure the individual and collective needs of our service members and their families are being met. We do this by forming partnerships with non-profit organizations working within our military communities and providing them with the financial assistance needed to conduct their important work.
Want to partner with us?
In 2022, the PenFed Foundation awarded grants totaling $1.4 million to our Military Heroes and their Families.
or email us to discuss how we can work together.
Our funding priorities are:
- Successful civilian employment for veterans
- Job training and employment for military spouses
- Community leadership
- Force retention for service members
- Success and stability for military children
What qualifies for funding:
- Grants may only be submitted by 501(c)3 non-profit organizations. You will need your organization’s EIN and IRS letter of determination as part of the application process.
- Organizations must be in good standing with the IRS and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Applications should be for a specific project or program rather than general operating expenses.
- Our application process is open, and you do not need an invitation to be considered.
- Click here to start the process. You’ll create an account and submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) with a short description of your project. We’ll be in touch within two weeks of receiving your LOI with next steps for your proposal.
- All requests for Military Heroes Grants must be submitted through our online portal. Proposals submitted via email, mail, or phone will not be considered.