Supporting our heroes who supported us.
When there is a gap, we step in to make sure the individual and collective needs of our service members and their families are being met. We do this by forming partnerships with non-profit organizations working within our military communities and providing them with the financial assistance needed to conduct their important work.
Want to partner with us?
In 2022, the PenFed Foundation awarded grants totaling $1.4 million to our Military Heroes and families who sacrificed so much to defend our nation.
or email us to discuss how we can work together.
The Military Heroes Program will accept grant applications for two purposes:
High-Impact Project Grants to Non-Profit Organizations
The Military Heroes Program funds projects that have a significant positive impact on service members, Veterans, military families, and caregivers. Projects may focus on a specific military community or more broadly across the entire military family.
- Projects must be time-limited and have a specific start and end date.
- Applications should be for a specific project rather than general operating expenses.
- Grants may only be submitted by 501(c)3 non-profit organizations.
- The application should include:
- How many Veterans or military service members will benefit from the project.
- How beneficiaries will learn about your project and sign up to participate.
- The long-term quantifiable impacts of the project.
- How the project will communicate the PenFed Foundation’s support to program participants and the public.
- How the PenFed Foundation can work with your organization to document the project.
Emergency Assistance for an Individual or Family
The Military Heroes Program offers a small number of grants that provide financial assistance to a Veteran, military member, or their family or caregiver who may be experiencing an unforeseen emergency with life changing consequences. For example, a beneficiary dealing with a service-related injury, a medical challenge faced by spouse or child, impact of a natural disaster, or other emergency.
- Applications must be submitted by a partner organization. Individuals cannot nominate themselves.
- Nominating organizations can include Veteran service organizations or other 501(c)3s, VA facilities, or military support staff.
- Grants for individuals should be for $10,000 or less and should detail the specific assistance needed.
- Only a few grants will be available each round.