Military Heroes Fund
What We Support
Child Care Assistance
We provide child care assistance to families who are experiencing financial strain in their lives as they cope with circumstances surrounding the challenges involved in caring for a wounded warrior. These grants can be for one-time events (eg: extended stay for outpatient care), normal doctor visit, or recurring child care needs due to job, travel, etc. The Foundation will consider (one-time) grants for up to a period of 12 months.
Short-term Training or Education Expense
We provide one-time assistance to eligible family members and caregivers who are seeking to enroll in a short-term training course to obtain a needed certification, recertification due to a move or lapse in certification, or enrolling in a continuing credit program for needed licensure or professional certification.
In-Home Health Care for Injured Veterans
We provide one-time financial assistance to caregivers who require in-home health care for an injured veteran while they attend to a particular respite need that requires they be away from the home for an extended period (from several hours to several days). Applications for in-home health care must be submitted with a written estimate and approved in advance by the Foundation.
What You’ll Need
- VA or military disability rating statement OR proof of VA disability claim submission.
- Copy of invoice or estimate for requested services from a licensed/certified individual, institution, or facility.
- Confirmation of status by being referred by any nonprofit advocacy organization such as your Army Wounded Warrior advocate (AW2), Recovery Care Coordinator (RCC), VA doctor or social worker.
We provide emergency financial assistance to those who live with:
- Combat veterans of post-911 war era who have been wounded, ill, or injured during their service.
- Can provide a DD214 and VA disability rating statement.
- Live full time with the veteran