Military Heroes Fund
What We Support
The Military Heroes Fund Emergency Financial Assistance Program offers financial assistance for wounded, ill, and injured post 9-11 veterans who are experiencing an unexpected short term financial setback. We assist with the following payments:
- Auto Loan/Lease
- Utilities (Electric, Water, Heat)
The Foundation can only support ONE emergency financial assistance request per household, per lifetime.
- Mortgage payments must be at least 30 days and no more than 90 days past due: The Foundation will assist up to three (3) months of past due payment NOT including late fees with a limit of $5000
- Auto Loan/Lease payment must be at least 30 days and no more than 90 days past due: The Foundation will assist up to three (3) months of past due payment NOT including late fees with a limit of $2000
- Rent payments must be at least three (3) days past due and no more than 120 days past due: The Foundation will assist up to four months of past due rental payment including late fees and without limit.
- Utilities Payments must be at least thirty (30) days and no more than 120 days past due: The Foundation will assist up to four months of past due payment including late fees and without limit.
What You’ll Need
- DD-214 Member 4 that indicates post 9-11 service and honorable discharge
- VA Disability Rating Statement that indicates 10% rating or more.
- Most recent bill /statement for requested expense showing regular monthly payment amount and past due amount.
- For rental assistance requests you will need a copy of your lease and a copy of a late notice.
The Emergency Financial Assistance program will be removing the combat related service requirement, and will be accepting all Post-911 veterans under a pilot program from November 20, 2020 to March 20, 2021.
To be eligible for this program you must:
- Have served post 9-11
- Have a VA disability rating of 10% or more
- Have been honorably discharged
- Financial setback must be at least 30 days and no more than 90 days
How to Apply
Click the button below using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari to create a login and access the application.
Due to the high volume of application inquiries, the quickest and easiest way to reach us for questions is by emailing email@example.com.
The PenFed Foundation works with Veterans Plus to help us provide financial counseling for our veterans. Once the application is reviewed, The PenFed Foundation will refer to the applicant to Veterans Plus. upon completion of financial counseling, and the final approval process, a check will be sent out directly to the creditor or the landlord.