Military Heroes Fund
What We Support
The Military Heroes Fund emergency financial assistance program offers financial assistance for wounded, ill, and injured post 9-11 veterans who are experiencing an unexpected short term (1- 2 months) financial setback. The Foundation can only support one emergency financial request per household. All bills must be at least 30 days past-due to qualify. The Foundation will not assist with any late or legal fees.
- Natural Gas
- Heating Petroleum
- Auto Loan
- Auto Insurance
What You’ll Need
- VA or military disability rating statement OR proof of VA disability claim submission.
- Most recent bill /statement for requested expense showing past due status and a lease agreement for rent requests.
- A referral by any nonprofit advocacy organization such as your Army Wounded Warrior advocate (AW2), Recovery Care Coordinator (RCC), VA doctor or social worker to be filled out on the top portion of the application.
We offer financial assistance in the form of a grant towards a past due bill that is at least 30 days and no more than 90 days past due. The grant amount cannot exceed the equivalent of two months of delinquent payment. All checks will be sent directly to the creditor or landlord 7-10 business days AFTER the grant is finally approved. Please note, the Foundation can only support one emergency financial request per household.
To be eligible for this program you must:
- Have served in combat post 9-11
- Have a VA disability rating of 10% or more
- Have been honorably discharged
- Financial setback must be at least 30 days and no more than 90 days
How to Apply
Click the link below using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
You will receive a notification informing you on the status of your application within 3-5 business days.