MHF Family & Caregiver Support

The Military Heroes Fund Emergency Financial Assistance Program offers financial assistance for wounded, ill, and injured Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) veterans who are experiencing an unexpected financial setback.

What We Support

Child Care Assistance

We provide child care assistance to families who are experiencing financial strain in their lives as they cope with circumstances surrounding the challenges involved in caring for a wounded warrior. These grants can be for one-time events (eg: extended stay for outpatient care), normal doctor visit, or recurring child care needs due to job, travel, etc. The Foundation will consider (one-time) grants for up to a period of 12 months.

Short-term Training or Education Expense

We provide one-time assistance to eligible family members and caregivers who are seeking to enroll in a short-term training course to obtain a needed certification, recertification due to a move or lapse in certification, or enrolling in a continuing credit program for needed licensure or professional certification.

In-Home Health Care for Injured Veterans

We provide one-time financial assistance to caregivers who require in-home health care for an injured veteran while they attend to a particular respite need that requires they be away from the home for an extended period (from several hours to several days). Applications for in-home health care must be submitted with a written estimate and approved in advance by the Foundation.

What You’ll Need

  • DD214
  • VA or military disability rating statement OR proof of VA disability claim submission.
  • Copy of invoice or estimate for requested services from a licensed/certified individual, institution, or facility
Apply Now

Are You Eligible?

Take a short questionaire to see if you qualify for MHF Family & Caregiver Support.

Get Started

Are you a family member and/or caregiver of an Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) or Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) veteran?

Cancel Questionnaire

Can you provide a DD214 and VA Disability Rating Certification for the veteran, or documentation that on is in progress?

Cancel Questionnaire

Can you send a copy of invoice or estimate for requested services from a licensed/certified individual, institution, or facility on official letterhead?

Cancel Questionnaire

Can you confirm your status by being referred by your Army Wounded Warrior advocate (AW2), Recovery Care Coordinator (RCC), VA doctor or social worker, or another nonprofit advocacy organization?

Cancel Questionnaire